Here are a handful of things you need to keep in mind:
- Never take you own measurements.
- Always get help from a friend to take your measurements.
- Tie a string around waistline for consistent measurements.
- You can also get the help from the diagrams for more accuracy.
- When measuring, stand tall with your muscles relaxed and feet together.
- Always writer the measurements down, you memory can be volatile.
- It will be the best if you take measurements with bare skin, with no cloths on it.
- Keep the pressure on measuring tape constant.
- Measure under the same conditions each time, such as same clothes or none at all.
A : Neck Circumference At Collar: Measure collar bellow Adam's Apple
B : Chest Circumference: Measure around center line of chest; at widest point standing straight up & down
C : Waist Circumference: Measure along center of waistline, 5cm below naval
D : Hip Circumference: Measure along center of hip line at widest point around hips
E : Thigh Circumference: Measure at widest point around thigh
F : Knee Circumference: Measure at center of knee
G : Calf Circumference: Measure at widest point around calf
H : Ankle Circumference: Measure above ankle bone
I : Neck to Knee - Front: Measure length from neck to center of knee (knee to be bent as shown)
J : Neck to Shoulder: Measure from neck base to end of sleeve joint
K : Sleeve Joint Circumference: Measure around arm at sleeve joint
L : Bicep Circumference: Measure at widest point around bicep, with muscle taut
M : Elbow Circumference: Measure around arm at elbow (arm to be bent as shown)
N : Forearm Circumference: Measure at largest point around forearm, with muscle taut
O : Wrist Circumference: Measure at widest point around wrist
P : Shoulder to Elbow: Measure from sleeve joint to elbow point
Q : Elbow to Wrist: Measure from elbow to point to wrist
R : Shoulder To Shoulder - High: Measure from top of shoulder across back from sleeve joint to sleeve joint
S : Neck To Waist - Front: Measure length from neck/shoulder to waistline
T : Neck To Waist - back: Measure from neck bast to waistline.
U : Waist To Knee: Measure from waistline to center of knee
V : Knee To Ankle: Measure from center of knee to top of ankle
W : Crotch To Knee: Measure from highest point in crotch to center of knee on inside leg
X : Front Waistline To Back Waistline: Measure from front waistline, under the crotch to the rear waistline
Y : Neck To Ankle: Measure from neck base to top of ankle
Z : Vertical Torso Circumference: Measure from shoulder at neck, down to crotch, underneath and back to starting point